Sunday, June 5, 2011

Florence - Duomo, Bargello Museum, and Night Life

The first day in Florence we took a trip to the Accademia Galleries, which house Michaelangello's infamous "David". Photos are not allowed inside the museum so sorry the quality is lame but I had to quickly take one, sneakily, on my phone.

A view of the Duomo domes with a couple of the people I am on the trip with.

A view down one of Florence's many busy streets.

A view down a street going towards the Duomo.

This cute little girl was waiting in line at Accademia and I decided she was worth a photo.

McKenzie and I went out in search of the cast of Jersey Shore one night at the local bars and clubs. We didn't find them but we found this hole in the ground, literally, place that had an Italian band that played only American songs. They were awesome and so were the locals that welcomed us with open arms.

Duomo, it was massive and made you feel very small.
After 463 steps up spiral staircases and some shady looking hand rails, I made it to the top on the Duomo.

Bell tower attached to the Duomo. I just liked the contrast in the clouds.

View from the top of the Duomo. 

View from the top of the Duomo.

View from the top of the Duomo, if you look closely Ronnie from Jersey Shore is crossing the cross walk. He must be heading to get some GTL.

Bartello statue. I thought it was odd that he made this fountain spray water out of this woman's breasts.

I love all the lion statues here. This one was awesome cause he had a crown.

Giambologna's piece "Architecture"

This is our parrot that lived at our hotel. I tried to teach him how to say "ciao". He would make noises every time I asked him, he was trying really hard. I think with more practice he could do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment