Thursday, June 2, 2011

Portugal National Pavilion, San Rocco, Glaser/Kunz Collateral Event, Iran National Pavilion, Cyprus National Pavilion, Central Asia National Pavilion, and Luxembourg National Pavilion

Filament projection from Francisco Tropa's "Scenario" Series
Fly projection from Francisco Tropa's "Scenario" Series
I know it isn't a quality photo, I had the photo Nazis on my back, but this is a figure I sketched from a Tintoretto in San Rocco  
Crazy projected face from Glaser/Kunz "Homeless" Collateral Event
A side view of the figures with faces projected onto them from Glaser/Kunz "Homeless" Collateral Event
Morteza Darehbaghi's "Peace and Illumination" from Iranian National Pavilion
Elizabeth Hoak-Doering's kinetic sculpture of a table drawing in the Cyprus National Pavilion

Yerbossyn Meldibekov's "Mutations" sculpture from Central Asian Pavilion
Piece from Natalia Andrianova's series "Sport Geometrisms" from Central Asian Pavilion
Ok this picture needs a little bit longer of a description. I was digging these photos and was intrigued because the artist was a graphic designer like me. We had somehow gotten into this event when it wasn't even open yet, I think they thought I was press cause I had my big camera out. I saw a lady standing next to the work and asked her if she was the artist. She only spoke Russian, I think, and said no but this guy over heard me asking her and came up to me and told me to wait while he went to get the artist. So this lady comes out and also doesn't speak English and the guy insisted that I take her picture. So here you go, I met a famous graphic designer/artist from some place called Bishkek. 
Melting chair from Martine Feipel & Jean Bechameil's "Le Cercle Ferme" at the Luxembourg National Pavilion
You guys wanted a picture of me here. Well this place was full of mirrors and here is a picture of me :P

No comments:

Post a Comment